Recap & Photos: October Casual Networking Event
For our latest Casual Networking Event, Bookbuilders of Boston gathered downtown at Society on High, with 25 attendees ready to network and gossip about the latest at their publishing houses. We overheard conversations about that recent New York Times article on the resilience of print books—the perfect lead-up to next week’s panel, Independent Bookstores: Alive and Kicking!
The crowd came from all walks of publishing: a few from Pearson, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Barefoot Books, and Harvard, plus a number of writers and freelancers. A team from EBSCO traveled down from Ipswich to join the event. Encouragingly, we talked several folks who just moved to Boston, all looking to get their feet in the door. One attendee who recently completed her PhD said she’s ready for the intellectual curiosity of the publishing world.
- RECAP—Be an A11y: Making Publications Accessible - March 7, 2019
- Recap—Spring Forum: Inside the University Press - May 8, 2017
- Recap—Spring Forum: Matt Gambino, “Personal Branding and You” - March 27, 2017
- Recap & Photos | Independent Bookstores: Alive and Kicking! - October 28, 2015
- Recap & Photos: October Casual Networking Event - October 19, 2015