Job board details: For Job Seekers | For Job Posters
- 30-day postings are $75. Featured postings appear on the home page and at the top of the job board and are $125. Select “Post a Job” at right to begin.
- Medium and large business memberships include unlimited regular job postings at no charge.
- Large business members can create featured listings at no charge; medium business members can upgrade to featured listings for $50 per listing.
- Medium and large business members: contact email@example.com for the discount code.
Candlewick Press, a leading publisher of books for children located in Somerville, MA, seeks a temporary in-house publicity associate to support the functions of the marketing, publicity and events team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with execution of marketing and publicity campaigns for select projects, including planning and outreach for media placement for both book review and off-the-book-page coverage for select titles and authors.
- Support the planning and execution of author tours and appearances as needed, including making all necessary travel arrangements, booking media for event promotion, and coordinating the author appearances with book orders as well as helping with bookstore outreach when necessary.
- Help with sharing consumer media reviews with sales and marketing including compilation of the weekly coverage report Publicity Bulletin
- Provide administrative support to the publicity department including oversight of image requests and permissions for media and promotional requests, NetGalley approvals for journalists and bloggers, department contact for Burrelle’s clip service, miscellaneous review copy and mass mailings, department reports and PR recaps as needed
- Coordinate and submit book awards submissions for the PR group
- Perform other tasks as needed
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills are required along with the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment; experience in a marketing or publicity role at a publishing house or within the media industry is strongly preferred.
This is a temporary position based in our Somerville, MA office. Candidates must be available to work an average of 28 hours per week from mid-March to mid-July. Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter noting hourly rate requirements in Word or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15.
Please note that you are not asked to provide any information about your current or prior salary or wage history. In compliance with the Massachusetts Equal Pay Law, Candlewick Press does not request or seek an applicant’s wage or salary history at the application stage or otherwise, except as allowed by law.