Job board details: For Job Seekers | For Job Posters
- 30-day postings are $75. Featured postings appear on the home page and at the top of the job board and are $125. Select “Post a Job” at right to begin.
- Medium and large business memberships include unlimited regular job postings at no charge.
- Large business members can create featured listings at no charge; medium business members can upgrade to featured listings for $50 per listing.
- Medium and large business members: contact email@example.com for the discount code.
Ascend Learning; LLC (www.ascendlearning.com) is a leading provider of technology-based educational, curriculum and assessment solutions for high-growth careers in a range of industries, including healthcare, fitness and wellness, and insurance and financial services. We provide outcomes-based solutions aimed at helping people enter, sustain and succeed in their chosen fields. Ascend employs more than 1,200 employees, with headquarters in Burlington, Mass., and offices in Kansas City metro, Phoenix metro, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Walnut Creek, California, Ann Arbor, Michigan, New York, and the U.K.
Jones & Bartlett Learning, a division of Ascend Learning, is a world-leading provider of instructional, assessment, and learning-performance management solutions for the secondary, post-secondary, and professional markets. We develop educational programs and services that improve learning outcomes and enhance student achievement by combining authoritative content written by respected authors with innovative, proven, and engaging technology applications that meet the diverse needs of today's instructors, students, and professionals.
The Sr. Project Specialist oversees production of print and digital products. Accountable to project manager for assigned projects. The role may support Project Managers in working with TPM and T&O stakeholders on digital projects. May be accountable to multiple project managers at a time depending on resource allocation. Is responsible for ensuring that all project team members clearly understand expectations and deliverable deadlines. Is responsible for completing projects on time and on, or under, budget. Is responsible for rolling up budgets to assigned project manager, and post-mortem notes to the BU’s Relationship Manager. Formally reports to an assigned People Manager who is an ongoing resource for career development, goal discussions/updates, performance management and help with workload balancing. Is responsible for filling out midpoint and end-of-project vendor scorecards.
Skills and Abilities:
- Problem Solver: Uses rigorous logic or methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Decisive: Makes sound decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Proactive: Doesn’t wait to be told to do something; understands what needs to be done; seeks out new projects and proposes solutions to problems and/or is able to spot inefficiencies and suggest improvements.
- Adaptable: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the complete picture.
- Resourceful: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to achieve a goal.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent.
- Proven ability to manage complex, multifaceted projects competently and to meet and/or exceed expectations.
- Proven ability to bring project teams together and rally team to a successful project completion.
- Knowledgeable in book and digital publishing.
- Proficiency with grammar and spelling.
- Experience with major word-processing software and Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud.
- Experience with Chicago Manual of Style and/or other style guides.
- Experience with FileMaker Pro preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with HTML/XML, Moodle, and JIRA a plus.
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire