Job board details: For Job Seekers | For Job Posters
- 30-day postings are $75. Featured postings appear on the home page and at the top of the job board and are $125. Select “Post a Job” at right to begin.
- Medium and large business memberships include unlimited regular job postings at no charge.
- Large business members can create featured listings at no charge; medium business members can upgrade to featured listings for $50 per listing.
- Medium and large business members: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
The National Fire Protection Association’s mission is to help save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge and passion. An international self-funded nonprofit established in 1896, we are dedicated to the elimination of death, injury, property and economic loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. The Association delivers information and knowledge through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education, outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an interest in furthering the NFPA mission.
NFPA’s Publishing and Production group is currently searching for a Senior Project Coordinator to join the Code Operations team! The Senior Project Coordinator will be responsible for the project management of NFPA documents through the technical team, as well as the editorial and production teams. This role requires familiarity with XML or HTML and content management systems. Sound like a fit for you? We’d love to connect!
A Little Bit About You:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Understanding publishing processes and workflows is one of your strong(est) suits.
- You are familiar with the use of XML structure in documents.
- You have astute interpersonal and communications skills and are able to collaborate with others.
- You have had exposure to content management systems.
- You consider yourself technically savvy and are open to learning new technologies.
- Attention to Detail could be (or maybe is) your middle name -- you can multi-task and prioritize like no other.
- You don’t miss a beat when it comes to managing your workload and adhering to strict deadlines and competing priorities.
- You are positively curious and want to understand the mission and goals of NFPA, and how you can make an impact as part of our team.
- You own your role and take responsibility for your output, following through, and understand that mistakes happen and can be learned from.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Manage the entire workflow associated with creating and updating NFPA Codes and Standards content within the XML-based content management system.
- Partner throughout the document development process with cross-functional teams within the division to achieve desired content outcome and timeframes.
- With special attention to document milestone due dates, schedule, track, monitor, and prioritize a high volume of content under tight deadlines on a daily basis.
- Stay abreast of the content management system’s functionality and enhancements in order to be able to respond to cross-functional teams’ questions and provide on-the-fly guidance, and recommendations on best practices.
- Evaluate document materials for adherence to structure and system requirements; identify issues and work with staff to resolve them; troubleshoot if errors are identified; assist in testing content management system updates.