Job board details: For Job Seekers | For Job Posters
- 30-day postings are $75. Featured postings appear on the home page and at the top of the job board and are $125. Select “Post a Job” at right to begin.
- Medium and large business memberships include unlimited regular job postings at no charge.
- Large business members can create featured listings at no charge; medium business members can upgrade to featured listings for $50 per listing.
- Medium and large business members: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
Sales & Marketing Assistant Online listing
The Sales & Marketing Assistant is responsible for in house sales and sales support for customers, consumers, authors, and staff. Responsibilities include customer service, sales to organizations and authors, website orders, author appearance orders, and monthly sales reporting.
- Customer Service and House Sales: Responsible for arranging terms, payment, and shipping for sales related to author events, bulk orders, web orders, and author orders, among others.
- Author Events: Ensures book sales are arranged for all author events.
- Organizational Outreach and Partnership Development: Reaches out to like-minded organizations to discuss ways in which we could have ongoing relationships. Also serves as liason to our distributor’s special sales team.
- Other responsibilities: Part of social media team. Helps identify keywords, target customers, and marketing opportunities for assigned books. Coordinates Goodreads and LibraryThing giveaways. Responds to inmate mail.
- Assigned other sales & marketing tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience working in an office environment. Previous bookstore experience or customer service experience in a publisher setting preferred.
- Exposure to issues of social justice is helpful.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent computer competency, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and communication (both oral and written) skills.
To apply: email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Beacon Press is a 160 year old, independent, progressive publishing house headquartered in a LEED certified building on Boston’s waterfront. We are a mission driven press publishing in the areas of history, political science, literature and the environment. Beacon Press is owned and operated under the auspices of the Unitarian Universalist Association and is an equal opportunity employer.
Beacon Press values a diverse workforce; people with disabilities, people of color, and those who identify as L/G/B/T/Q are strongly encouraged to apply.