Job board details: For Job Seekers | For Job Posters
- 30-day postings are $75. Featured postings appear on the home page and at the top of the job board and are $125. Select “Post a Job” at right to begin.
- Medium and large business memberships include unlimited regular job postings at no charge.
- Large business members can create featured listings at no charge; medium business members can upgrade to featured listings for $50 per listing.
- Medium and large business members: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
Founded in 1962 and now one of the world’s largest and most prestigious university presses, the MIT Press is widely considered the most innovative university press in operation today. The MIT Press publishes award-winning trade, text, and professional books, as well as journals and a suite of innovative digital products.
The MIT Press’ textbook program is expanding and we have an exciting opportunity for a creative and efficient self-starter. The Business Development Associate will be charged with approaching potential and current customers to qualify leads and promote the Press’ established and growing textbook offering. The Business Development Associate will be familiar with CRM, managing customer data for their prospecting efforts, and maintaining effective sales tools.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with some sales and marketing experience ready to take the next step in their career. The MIT Press is a mission-based publisher that takes pride in providing an inclusive, supportive, collaborative environment and we look forward to welcoming this new position to our organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities;
- Contact potential customers through phone and email;
- Respond to all inbound inquiries; follow up with prospective customers who have expressed interest in our products;
- Provide customer support to educate consumers on our products, build brand awareness, and close potential business;
- Acquire, update, and maintain contact information and all related activity within Salesforce;
- Develop and maintain effective sales reporting;
- Contribute to creative and strategic process improvements including outreach, sourcing methods, and sales tools;
- Other duties as needed or required.
Reports to the Manager, Textbook Strategy and Development
Qualifications & Skills:
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years of administrative and/or sales experience required. Strong understanding of the latest digital and e-marketing tools, and academic publishing experience preferred.
- Basic experience with data management, analysis, and reporting
- Proficiency with Salesforce and Excel
- A demonstrated focus on customer satisfaction and service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently, on deadline
** To comply with regulations by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the principal duties in position descriptions must be essential to the job. To identify essential functions, focus on the purpose and the result of the duties rather than the manner in which they are performed. The following definition applies: a job function is essential if removal of that function would fundamentally change the job.