Job board details: For Job Seekers | For Job Posters
- 30-day postings are $75. Featured postings appear on the home page and at the top of the job board and are $125. Select “Post a Job” at right to begin.
- Medium and large business memberships include unlimited regular job postings at no charge.
- Large business members can create featured listings at no charge; medium business members can upgrade to featured listings for $50 per listing.
- Medium and large business members: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
Independent publisher seeks assistant to join their sales and marketing team. Successful candidates will possess a love of books for readers of all ages and a desire to promote our unique trade list across markets, platforms, and sales channels. This is a full-time, in-house position with benefits. Our office is located in Watertown, Massachusetts.
About Charlesbridge Publishing
Charlesbridge publishes high-quality books for children and adults, with a goal of creating and supporting lifelong readers and lifelong learners. Our children’s books encourage reading and discovery in the classroom, library, and home, and embrace a child’s innate sense of wonder and fun. Charlesbridge believes that books should offer accurate information, be both compelling and educational, and promote a positive worldview. To this end, we continually strive to seek new voices, new visions, and new directions in both children's and adult literature.
Working as part of our sales and marketing team and reporting to the senior director of sales and marketing, the sales and marketing assistant acts as the primary point of contact for the department, contributes to the development of marketing plans and sales presentations, and creates sales materials in addition to liaising with other departments, including editorial, design, and production. This is an entry level position for candidates who are eager to gain experience in trade sales and book marketing, who are organized and detail oriented, and are interested in working as part of a collaborative team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to sales and marketing team
- Act as point of contact for phone and email inquiries
- Assist with the management of relationships with customers, vendors, and sales reps
- Maintain and update systems, schedules, and metadata for frontlist and backlist titles
- Work with sales and marketing team to develop sales materials and presentations
- Assist with the creation of sales support materials
- Coordinate regional trade shows and national industry events
- Aid with submission of titles for awards
- Assist with maintenance of company websites
- Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent
- Critical thinking and the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- A strong sense of prioritization and attention to detail
- Well-honed written and oral communication skills
- A strong desire to work in collaborative team-oriented environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.