Job board details: For Job Seekers | For Job Posters
- 30-day postings are $75. Featured postings appear on the home page and at the top of the job board and are $125. Select “Post a Job” at right to begin.
- Medium and large business memberships include unlimited regular job postings at no charge.
- Large business members can create featured listings at no charge; medium business members can upgrade to featured listings for $50 per listing.
- Medium and large business members: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
Ascend Learning; LLC (www.ascendlearning.com) is a leading provider of technology-based educational, curriculum and assessment solutions for high-growth careers in a range of industries, including healthcare, fitness and wellness, and insurance and financial services. We provide outcomes-based solutions aimed at helping people enter, sustain and succeed in their chosen fields. Ascend employs more than 1,000 employees, with headquarters in Burlington, Mass., and offices in Kansas City metro, Phoenix metro, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Walnut Creek, California, Ann Arbor, Michigan, and the U.K.
Jones & Bartlett Learning, a division of Ascend Learning, is a world-leading provider of instructional, assessment and learning-performance management solutions for the secondary, post-secondary, and professional markets. We develop educational programs and services that improve learning outcomes and enhance student achievement by combining authoritative content written by respected authors with innovative, proven, and engaging technology applications that meet the diverse needs of today's instructors, students, and professionals.
We are seeking a Rights & Media Specialist to join our highly collaborative and dynamic team. As a member of the Rights & Media Department, you will use your strong project management skills to manage copyright clearance for third-party content, research and compile image choices for author selection, and employ creative problem-solving to generate innovative solutions for representing concepts in an educational environment. Much of your day will be spent meeting with your Editorial and Production counterparts about current and upcoming projects, tracking project progress, coordinating tasks with outside vendors, corresponding directly with authors, and negotiating rights with copyright holders.
The Rights & Media Specialist manages multiple projects concurrently, prioritizing effectively, utilizing vendors and freelancers to complete specific permission and media research tasks, and provides expertise and insight in all areas of copyright while simultaneously employing creative problem-solving to generate innovative solutions for representing concepts in an educational environment.
Day-to-day tasks and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Prepare rights and copyright clearance for vendors and freelancers, including product launch meetings, pre-assessments, element log review assessment and management, integrating information into required database, managing additional information from product managers, authors, and production required to ensure a smooth workflow.
- Coordinate with vendors to adhere to budgets and schedules.
- Troubleshoot independently with an understanding of when to elevate issues to manager. Demonstrate a proven ability to constantly reassess priorities.
- Work with cross-functional teams to schedule, troubleshoot, expedite, answer process/technology questions and take an active role in process improvement. Identify issues in existing workflows or processes, and propose solutions. Enforce schedules, team policies, and processes within the company and with our vendors.
- Train and mentor junior-level employees. May be asked to train other departments on Rights & Media processes and initiatives. Serve as a delegate of the team. Communicate regularly with, and provide timely support to, employees from product management, production, digital products, sales, technology, and marketing departments.
All the above tasks are applied in order to establish effective collaboration with Jones & Bartlett Learning and Ascend Learning stakeholders, authors, and vendors to create unique and stimulating educational content.
A team member functioning at this level is expected to exhibit the following competencies in their role:
- Problem Solver: Uses rigorous logic or methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Decisive: Makes sound decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Proactive: Doesn’t wait for direction to take action; understands what needs to be done; seeks out new projects, is able to spot inefficiencies and suggest improvements.
- Adaptable: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the complete picture.
- Resourceful: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to achieve a goal better and faster.
Minimum Basic Qualifications:
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience. A focus in Library Science or Project Management preferred.
- One-to-two years of experience. Experience in Rights Clearance or Project Management desired.
- Microsoft Office proficiency with an emphasis on Excel. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud and database software. FileMaker experience is desirable.
- Strong understanding of copyright clearance preferred.
- General understanding of ontologies, metadata schemas, and taxonomies preferred.
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.