Job board details: For Job Seekers | For Job Posters
- 30-day postings are $75. Featured postings appear on the home page and at the top of the job board and are $125. Select “Post a Job” at right to begin.
- Medium and large business memberships include unlimited regular job postings at no charge.
- Large business members can create featured listings at no charge; medium business members can upgrade to featured listings for $50 per listing.
- Medium and large business members: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
FUNCTION: Leading Boston-based educational publisher of Asian language and cultural studies materials for K-12 and higher ed markets seeks a production editor to handle various aspects of editorial production, including:
- coordinating projects between Editorial team and typesetting vendors, freelance designers, and illustrators throughout the production process, from manuscript delivery to final files
- communicating changes in schedule, template, and process to all stakeholders, keeping them updated on all details of projects
- checking page proofs for design inconsistencies throughout the production cycle; investigating and solving problems as needed
- designing or updating projects as necessary using InDesign
- conducting photo research, downloading/optimizing images, and tracking art files
- assisting with design work for Marketing by creating collaterals such as flyers, web ads, email blasts, gift items
- helping with proofreading, cold reads, and style tagging
- maintaining and updating all pertinent files and databases
- performing other duties as needed or as requested
- Three years’ experience in print book production
- Solid facility using Adobe InDesign
- Excellent English proofreading skills
- Strong working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, conventional and electronic prepress, and publishing procedures
- Detail-oriented, self-directed, highly organized, and thorough
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and priorities with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated editorial skills with knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style and electronic proofreading workflow in Adobe Acrobat
- Professional-level Mandarin Chinese reading skills
- Foreign language teaching experience and/or strong interest in developing high-quality Asian language and culture educational materials
- Experience producing foreign language textbooks or other language-learning materials
- Familiarity with XML, HTML, CSS, ePub, H5P, PHP, Drupal, or other emerging digital learning technologies
Salary commensurate with experience. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer 401K plan, health, dental, life, and disability insurance.