Job board details: For Job Seekers | For Job Posters
- 30-day postings are $75. Featured postings appear on the home page and at the top of the job board and are $125. Select “Post a Job” at right to begin.
- Medium and large business memberships include unlimited regular job postings at no charge.
- Large business members can create featured listings at no charge; medium business members can upgrade to featured listings for $50 per listing.
- Medium and large business members: contact email@example.com for the discount code.
As a member of the Publications department, a Journals Peer Review Support Assistant (PRSA) assists editors with processing submitted manuscripts with the goal of prompt editorial decisions. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to thrive in a team-oriented position with administrative support and customer service components. This position reports directly to the Peer Review Support Manager. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining clear communications with reviewers and authors so as to foster an open and transparent process
- Notifying editors, reviewers, and authors when submissions are ready for action
- Corresponding with authors and reviewers noting expectations and deadlines
- Maintaining records of the peer-review process
- Other duties as necessary to contribute to the overall success of the peer review support team, the Publications Department, and the Society as a whole
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience handling multiple responsibilities and prioritizing tasks
- Experience in a professional office environment is strongly preferred
- Proficiency with basic business applications (Google Suite, Adobe)
- Experience with Editorial Manager® or other peer-review tracking systems a plus
This is a full-time position in our Boston office, located in the historic neighborhood of Beacon Hill. Salary range commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package including generous retirement funding. Interested candidates should apply online.
It is the policy of the American Meteorological Society to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment based solely upon the individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the work assigned, without regard to any personal identity, status, or condition. These include, but are not limited to the following: race, color, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status, gender identity and expression, national origin, genetic information, and sexual orientation.