Job board details: For Job Seekers | For Job Posters
- 30-day postings are $75. Featured postings appear on the home page and at the top of the job board and are $125. Select “Post a Job” at right to begin.
- Medium and large business memberships include unlimited regular job postings at no charge.
- Large business members can create featured listings at no charge; medium business members can upgrade to featured listings for $50 per listing.
- Medium and large business members: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
As a Managing Editor, you are relied on to leverage your considerable editorial expertise to define, create, and manage content and project roadmaps for a variety of engaging Spanish language print and digital projects. In this position, you will play a critical role in conceptualizing new programs and provide guidance on quality standards, pedagogy, and best practices for creating and editing content geared towards language learning at a higher education level. As a hands-on manager and doer, you will also contribute to the team by owning and participating in content related deliverables. In addition to strong people management, writing, and editorial skills, a compelling candidate will have equally strong project management and problem solving skills, as well as possess a keen eye for grammar, and is extremely detail oriented. A true passion for languages and learning is essential!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, manage, and guide writers, editors, and consultants, freelance and in-house, as well as provide training, direction, and mentoring on applying editorial quality guidelines
- Supervise and train freelance editors and writers
- Create and manage budgets and forecasts for external costs
- Create and manage manuscript schedules with strict attention to detail
- Track multiple ongoing, high-priority projects simultaneously
- Conceptualize and plan for all aspects of large-scale language learning and language arts products (print and digital), such as professional experience, research, competition, standards, technology, etc.
- Lead projects and meetings
- Develop department-wide quality guidelines and best practice procedures, including training documents
- Create transcripts of video material as well as create and manage manuscript schedules
- Write activities and articles; copyedit materials for publication in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Collaborate with in-house Editorial Development and Project Management teams
- Support Sales and Marketing teams from an editorial perspective by acting as a product expert for instructor queries, preparing documents for and presenting at Company Sales Meetings
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- BA / BS degree required; postgraduate degree preferred
- 7+ years of editorial experience in education publishing / ed-tech required, coupled with a strong understanding of the U.S. market for language education at the higher education levels (including U.S. curriculum, education standards, and teaching methods)
- 2+ years of experience managing and building highly functional editorial project teams (local and remote)
- Native / near-native proficiency (written and verbal) in both English and Spanish required
- Solid understanding of second language acquisition pedagogy required
- Strong understanding of editorial process (start to finish) in print and online / digital language systems
- Successful track record in planning, writing, and editing content for large-scale print and online / digital educational products with high regard to quality and schedule
- Well-developed project management, communication, and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent editorial skills required. This includes, but is not limited to, writing and editing content, strong knowledge of English and Spanish grammar rules, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to set priorities, develop goals, and meet deadlines for self and others
- Ability to work in fluid and fast-paced environments with shifting priorities
- Experience using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.); Adobe, K4, or InDesign preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and independently while achieving collective objectives
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Teaching experience preferred
- Passion for travel, languages, and learning
Why join us? We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from other publishers. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian, English, and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO, and paid holidays
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
APPLY ONLINE: https://vistahigherlearning.applytojob.com/apply/nFRhFQivle/Managing-Editor-HE?source=BookBuilders