Job board details: For Job Seekers | For Job Posters
- 30-day postings are $75. Featured postings appear on the home page and at the top of the job board and are $125. Select “Post a Job” at right to begin.
- Medium and large business memberships include unlimited regular job postings at no charge.
- Large business members can create featured listings at no charge; medium business members can upgrade to featured listings for $50 per listing.
- Medium and large business members: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
The National Consumer Law Center (NCLC) seeks a Legal Editor to join our talented editorial team. Currently, most NCLC staff are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic, at least through June 30th, 2021. Once normal routines are safe to resume, a regular, in-office work schedule in our Downtown Boston office will be required.
Founded in 1969, NCLC is a nonprofit advocacy organization that seeks to build economic security and family wealth for low-income and other economically disadvantaged Americans. NCLC is the leading source of legal and public policy expertise on consumer issues for lawyers, federal and state policymakers, consumer advocates, journalists, and front-line service providers.
NCLC is also an active online and print publisher with a dynamic digital platform that integrates content, a bookstore, a subscription service, and other e-commerce features. NCLC releases approximately 21 updated and new titles a year for thousands of lawyers and consumers.
The Legal Editor will assist in all aspects of the production of our multi-volume series of legal treatises. Editors also work with authors, researchers, and compositors in updating and maintaining treatises in the NCLC Digital Library (www.nclc.org/library). Major responsibilities will include:
- Copy editing and proofreading in preparation of print and digital editions.
- Engaging in legal research as necessary.
- Overseeing and preparing all appendices, including compiling, preparing, and tracking documents at all stages of production.
- Ensuring use of in-house editorial style and Bluebook citation form.
- JD from an accredited law school.
- Detail-oriented, organized individual, capable of handling multiple tasks and a variety of projects on a deadline.
- One year of professional experience in copy editing is required.
- Technical or legal editing experience, such as law review or other legal journal, is preferred.
- Proficiency in Bluebook citation is required.
- Excellent computer skills (particularly Word, Excel, Westlaw, HTML).
- Ability to meet deadlines and work without constant supervision.
Compensation and benefits: $56,000 - $71,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
NCLC offers an outstanding benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as pre-tax savings plans, a retirement savings opportunity, and generous paid time off including holidays, sick time, personal time, parental leave, and 4 weeks of vacation per year.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com (subject line: Legal Editor) and complete the online employment application: https://forms.gle/dRirC7GriXckG9f9A
This position will remain open until filled, but applications are highly encouraged by May 10, 2021. No phone calls please.
The National Consumer Law Center is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors.