Job board details: For Job Seekers | For Job Posters
- 30-day postings are $75. Featured postings appear on the home page and at the top of the job board and are $125. Select “Post a Job” at right to begin.
- Medium and large business memberships include unlimited regular job postings at no charge.
- Large business members can create featured listings at no charge; medium business members can upgrade to featured listings for $50 per listing.
- Medium and large business members: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
Founded in 1919, the American Meteorological Society (AMS) is the nation’s premier scientific and professional organization promoting and disseminating information about the atmospheric, oceanic, and hydrologic sciences. Our more than 13,000 members include scientists, researchers, educators, broadcast meteorologists, students, weather enthusiasts, and other professionals in the fields of weather, water, and climate.
About This Position
AMS is currently seeking a Journal Production Assistant to join our Publications Department. As a member of the Publications Department, the Production Assistant supports authors during the submission of manuscripts and during the production process after acceptance. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to thrive in a team-oriented customer service and administrative support position (this is not an editorial position). The Production Assistant will report directly to the Journals Production Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that digital manuscript submissions are uploaded in the proper format before peer review and final acceptance.
- Work with authors and staff to solve manuscript rendering and submission problems.
- Help track copyright transfer forms for accepted manuscripts; and
- Other duties as necessary to contribute to the overall success of the Society.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong organizational, time management, communication (verbal and written), and customer service skills.
- Experience in a professional office environment and/or customer service role; and
- Familiarity with various graphic file formats and LaTeX is a plus.
This is a full-time position and salary will be commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous retirement funding. AMS prioritizes the health and safety of our staff, and most employees are temporarily remote due to the pandemic. We look forward to returning to the office, and this position will transition from temporarily remote to on-site in our Boston office once it is safe to resume working together in person.
How to Apply & What to Expect
Applications should be submitted through our ADP applicant portal.
We understand the application and interview process is an investment for candidates; you are trusting us with your time, so we will do our best to make it as smooth as possible for you and work with your schedule. We review each application and will usually be in touch via email within a few weeks if we think there might be a fit. The interview process is structured to allow us to get to know you and for you to get to know us. This generally consists of a resume screen, an initial introductory interview, a written communication and problem-solving exercise, and an opportunity to meet with team members.
It is the policy of the American Meteorological Society to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment based solely upon the individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the work assigned, without regard to any personal identity, status, or condition. These include, but are not limited to the following: race, color, sex, age, religion, disability, veteran status, gender identity and expression, national origin, genetic information, and sexual orientation.
For more information about AMS, its programs, publications, and events, please visit: www.ametsoc.org.