Job board details: For Job Seekers | For Job Posters
- 30-day postings are $75. Featured postings appear on the home page and at the top of the job board and are $125. Select “Post a Job” at right to begin.
- Medium and large business memberships include unlimited regular job postings at no charge.
- Large business members can create featured listings at no charge; medium business members can upgrade to featured listings for $50 per listing.
- Medium and large business members: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
Ascend Learning; LLC (http://www.ascendlearning.com/) is a leading provider of technology-based educational, curriculum and assessment solutions for high-growth careers in a range of industries, including healthcare, fitness and wellness, and insurance and financial services. We provide outcomes-based solutions aimed at helping people enter, sustain and succeed in their chosen fields. Ascend employs more than 1,200 employees, with headquarters in Burlington, Mass., and offices in Kansas City metro, Phoenix metro, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Walnut Creek, California, Ann Arbor, Michigan, New York, and the U.K.
Jones & Bartlett Learning combines authoritative content with innovative technology to help educators teach more effectively and students learn more efficiently. Our comprehensive suite of print and digital education performance management solutions is designed to enrich the educational experience and deliver results for secondary, post-secondary and professional education markets
Oversees production of digital products. Accountable to Digital Products Manager for assigned projects. Support Digital Products Manager in working with technical management and IT to improve flow of content into LMS platforms. Work directly with eBook distribution channels to submit digital content formats and metadata and troubleshoot errors as needed. Is responsible for ensuring that all project stakeholders clearly understand expectations and deliverable timelines. Is responsible for completing projects on time. Is responsible for helping maintain a digital asset management and distribution system and eBook tracking database. Will keep up with the ever-changing digital landscape, adapting processes, and shifting priorities as a result of new technologies and partnerships in academic publishing.
Skills and Abilities:
Problem Solver: Uses rigorous logic or methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Decisive: Makes sound decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Proactive: Doesn’t wait to be told to do something; understands what needs to be done; seeks out new projects and proposes solutions to problems and/or is able to spot inefficiencies and suggest improvements.
Adaptable: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the complete picture.
Resourceful: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to achieve a goal.
• 4-year college degree or equivalent experience.
• Proven ability to manage complex, multifaceted projects competently and to meet and/or exceed expectations.
• Knowledgeable in book and digital publishing.
• Previous production experience in eBooks or other digital products is preferred, but not required.
• Knowledge of XML, HTML, and EPUB 3 a plus.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel, and Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud.
• Experience with FileMaker Pro and/or JIRA preferred, but not required.
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.