Job board details: For Job Seekers | For Job Posters
- 30-day postings are $75. Featured postings appear on the home page and at the top of the job board and are $125. Select “Post a Job” at right to begin.
- Medium and large business memberships include unlimited regular job postings at no charge.
- Large business members can create featured listings at no charge; medium business members can upgrade to featured listings for $50 per listing.
- Medium and large business members: contact email@example.com for the discount code.
As a Customer Success & Onboarding Manager, you will oversee and develop strategic plans for a small team of distributed Account Managers whose focus is to provide best-in-class support to both field sales teams and clients alike. In this role, you’ll work closely with Sales leadership, as well as cross-functional stakeholders in Marketing and Business Operations to achieve pre and post-sales support, customer retention, and revenue goals. As a thought partner in the areas of customer onboarding and account management, you may also directly manage a handful of key accounts. Our ideal candidate is an experience people manager, mentor and coach, enjoys training others and developing training plans, has a high level of understanding of sales and appreciation for the sales process, and is comfortable being both tactical and strategic.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage, train and develop a distributed team of Account Managers
• Manage Customer Success/ Account Management activities to increase internal and external customer satisfaction
• Develop strategic plans for Account Managers daily work of: service activities, customer campaigns, analyzing accounts, researching and prospecting opportunities, account/ territory planning and assuming the day to day account administration and relationship management activities associated within each territory
• Provide ongoing training and guidance on how to deliver customer product trainings via email/ phone, webinar and onsite
• Train and coach account managers on using consultative selling skills when delivering presentations, managing relationships, while assisting field sales team on achieving sales goals by winning new business/ adoptions and increasing sales within existing accounts (upselling and cross selling)
• Effectively utilize SFDC to manage and update to run reports
• Collaborate and partner with cross-functional stakeholders in sales, business operations, marketing, tech-support, product and engineering teams to drive customer success outcomes
• Build deep relationships with internal and external customers to understand their needs and desired outcomes and anticipate needs
• Align with sales leadership around key metrics and objectives
• Drive the evolution and improvement of internal workflows, tools etc. to better deliver customer needs and results
• Deep understanding of our print and digital product suite and the Higher Education language learning market
Qualifications & Skills:
• BA/ BS degree from a 4-year accredited university or equivalent.
• 8+ years of experience in high‐volume sales support (non-retail), account management, sales
• 3+ years of experience managing/ leading customer success, account management or sales teams
• Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in education-technology, publishing and or world language verticals
• Strong territory management, prospecting, negotiation and sales skills; able to create account‐retention plans and strategies aimed towards winning business and maintaining relationships within assigned territory
• Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong knowledge and experience with SFDC
• Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
• Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
• Analytical and process-oriented mindset
• Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
• Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
• You’re passionate about building world-class teams and coaching individuals to success
• Willingness to travel (about 15%)
Why join us?
We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from others in our space. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO and paid holidays
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.