Job board details: For Job Seekers | For Job Posters
- 30-day postings are $75. Featured postings appear on the home page and at the top of the job board and are $125. Select “Post a Job” at right to begin.
- Medium and large business memberships include unlimited regular job postings at no charge.
- Large business members can create featured listings at no charge; medium business members can upgrade to featured listings for $50 per listing.
- Medium and large business members: contact email@example.com for the discount code.
The American Mathematical Society (AMS), founded in 1888, is a non-profit membership organization that is dedicated to advancing research and connecting the diverse global mathematical community through our publications, meetings and conferences, MathSciNet, professional services, advocacy, and awareness programs. The AMS has 30,000 members worldwide and offices in Rhode Island, Michigan, and Washington, DC.
The AMS invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Business and Market Intelligence Analyst, located in our Providence, RI headquarters. The Business and Market Intelligence Analyst will gather data related to market trends, sales patterns, customer experience, and the market landscape. They will examine our publications content and provide credible analysis on aspects such as topical gap analysis, author–citation networks, and content usage and/or abuse to help the AMS better understand its market share, author behavior, topical and/or funding penetration, content download patterns (including download abuse), and other factors. Come be part of an extraordinary collection of talent who support the Society’s extensive activities.
Particular duties, tasks and responsibilities of this position include:
- Query and aggregate content and data from internal publishing databases and external sources and provide analysis in the form of written narratives, spreadsheets and data visualizations
- Provide analyses leading to business development and distribution opportunities in domestic and international markets
- Coordinate efforts among Publications, IT, and external vendors to develop and maintain critical reporting mechanisms
- Develop and implement initiatives to improve reporting and to provide new avenues for audience identification and targeting as well as product development Write clear and concise advertising copy and product descriptions
- Fulfill ongoing and ad hoc requests from senior AMS Publications team members for reports on sales of books, journal, MathSciNet, as well as topic area penetration, funding, downloads, and other key content and/or data points
- Working knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools; familiarity with semantic approaches to enriching and classifying content Ability to keep current with new work methods, skills, and technologies to complete work activities
- Experience with COUNTER, Crossref, Web of Knowledge, or other core resources used by researchers, libraries, and content providers Demonstrated collaboration and team-oriented skills
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data and provide insightful written analysis and appropriate data visualizations for different audiences
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and equivalent experience in relevant areas, such as Information Science and/or statistics/mathematics/physics/engineering
- Minimum 7 years work experience with an STM publisher or information services provider, preferably in scholarly publishing. Analytical and strategic approach to problem solving
The AMS offers excellent benefits including competitive salaries, health and dental, very generous retirement plan contributions and investment options through TIAA, flexible spending benefit, generous paid leave, paid life insurance, flexible work hours to help provide work/life balance, a casual and relaxed work environment, computing benefit, tuition assistance, professional development opportunities and much more.
The American Mathematical Society is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.