Job board details: For Job Seekers | For Job Posters
- 30-day postings are $75. Featured postings appear on the home page and at the top of the job board and are $125. Select “Post a Job” at right to begin.
- Medium and large business memberships include unlimited regular job postings at no charge.
- Large business members can create featured listings at no charge; medium business members can upgrade to featured listings for $50 per listing.
- Medium and large business members: contact email@example.com for the discount code.
School Specialty is dedicated to changing education for the better. We supply educational products to schools from K-12 grades. That means working closely with educators, sharing experiences, and traveling into uncharted territories together.
Access to education is one of North America’s first great innovations. Education has the power to elevate our entire society. It levels the playing field, providing opportunities for children from all economic and cultural backgrounds to uncover hidden talents and unlock their full potential.
We are seeking to hire a full-time hourly Associate Editor for our Nashua, NH office. The Associate Editor will assist the editorial team and coordinates selected supplementary publishing projects
Summary of Primary Responsibilities
- Assist the editorial team in communicating with and expediting materials to editorial freelancers and printers from initial product concept and development through design, production, and printing
- May assist editors with investigative work during new product development (researching competition, setting up roundtables or focus groups)
- Coordinate selected publishing projects
- May perform minor edits or rewrites as needed
- Check page proofs and printer proofs and compile corrections
- Proofreads and edits materials for factual and grammatical content
- May assist editors in managing reprint activity
- Assist with determining reprint schedule
- Work with editors to incorporate any reviewer/teacher/customer comments, as well as any updates related to state standards
- Work with materials group to check manuscripts against specifications to ensure consistency
- Provide administrative support as needed (copying, mailing, filing invoices, updating budgetary spreadsheets, database creation/updating, filing copyrights, etc.)
- Orders and maintains office supplies and equipment, as needed
- Professional development—ongoing learning of educational publishing and printing “trades” (industry jargon and methods, proof marking, Chicago Manual of Style, etc.).
- Exercises care within work environment to prevent injuries. Support and follow all company safety policies and procedures.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 2–3 years’ work experience in educational publishing or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PPT, Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe applications, such as Acrobat.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Plans and Aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Physical and Mental Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, hear, use hands to type data, use a personal computer and telephone. This employee may occasionally have to operate business machines. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mental demands include multi-tasking, decision making, problem solving, comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, and synthesizing data.
- Change is part of our daily routine, which means you have the chance to leverage your creativity and imagination every day. You will be encouraged to push the envelope, to lead through action, and to innovate regardless of your role. Our goal is nothing short of greatness. These aren’t just words; this is how we work.
Are you up for it?
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, LLC is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.