Job board details: For Job Seekers | For Job Posters
- 30-day postings are $75. Featured postings appear on the home page and at the top of the job board and are $125. Select “Post a Job” at right to begin.
- Medium and large business memberships include unlimited regular job postings at no charge.
- Large business members can create featured listings at no charge; medium business members can upgrade to featured listings for $50 per listing.
- Medium and large business members: contact email@example.com for the discount code.
Associate Editor- Nashua, NH----We believe schools should be the most amazing place on earth, designed to help students reach, dream, and succeed. What do you think?
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, conscientious, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and well-versed in the basic editorial processes of entering edits, checking corrections, checking proofs, maintaining a schedule, and working with outside freelancers. Position is out of our Nashua, NH office.
We’re determined to positively impact the future, one child at a time. If you share our passion, we need to talk.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities
- Assist editorial team in communicating with and expediting materials to editorial freelancers and printers from initial product concept and development through design, production, and printing
- May assist editors with investigative work during new product development (researching competition, setting up roundtables or focus groups)
- Coordinate selected publishing projects
- May perform minor edits or rewrites as needed
- Check page proofs and printer proofs and compile corrections
- Proofreads and edits materials for factual and grammatical content
- May assist editors in managing reprint activity
- Assist with determining reprint schedule
- Work with editors to incorporate any reviewer/teacher/customer comments, as well as any standard updates
- Work with materials group to check manuscripts against specifications to ensure consistency
- Provide administrative support as needed (copying, mailing, filing invoices, updating budgetary spreadsheets, database creation/updating, etc.)
- Orders and maintains office supplies and equipment as needed
- Professional development—ongoing learning of educational publishing and printing “trades” (industry jargon and methods, proof marking, Chicago Manual of Style, etc.).
- Exercises care within work environment to prevent injuries. Support and follow all company safety policies and procedures.
We believe innovation is essential for unlocking the promise of a great education? Are you interested in innovating and making a difference in a child’s life?
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 1–2 years’ work experience in educational publishing or related field
Imagine what we could do together.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Plans and Aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Physical and Mental Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, hear, use hands to type data, use a personal computer and telephone. This employee may occasionally have to operate business machines. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mental demands include multi-tasking, decision making, problem solving, comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, and synthesizing data.